The Health Services Journal (HSJ), Patient Safety Awards took place on 20 September 2021 at Manchester Central, celebrating 159 finalists driving quality improvement in patient safety.
We are very proud to say that our GP federation ‘Primary Care Knowsley’ was shortlisted for 2 awards this year!
The awards included:
- Best use of Integrated Care and Partnership Working in Patient Safety Award
- Primary Care Initiative of the Year
Knowsley in particular has a high Asthma mortality rate. Primary Care Knowsley in partnership with Liverpool Heart & Chest, Hospital, Astra Zeneca, LUH, Innovation Agency and UCL Partners decided to initiate a project to help tackle this issue titled: Proactive management of Asthma in primary care for patients in Knowsley.
The asthma project took place between October 2020 and July 2021, throughout the Coronavirus pandemic. During this time:
- 747 patients we’re reviewed
- 565 face to face consultations took place
- 71 telephone consultations took place
- 42 patients we’re referred for diagnostics
- 221 patients had a step up change to treatment
- 7 patients had a step down change to treatment
- 45 device changes took place
Clinical leads on this project were Hassan Argomandkhah (Primary Care Knowsley) & Hassan Burhan (LUH), so huge thanks to them both and all other team members involved in the project!
To view our shortlist certificates please click below:
PS Awards 21_Certificates_Finalists_ALL_100